Week of June 19, 2017
Enduring understandings that the student should have by the end of the unit:
• Many things around me change.
• There are many ways objects can change.
• There are many kinds of changes in nature.
• Some things about me change and some things stay the same.
Lessons and activities for the week:
Blocks- Students are invited to measure each other with blocks.
Pretend Play- Props will be provided for students to pretend they are adults.Students will discuss how they change as they grow.
Art- Students are invited to create faces that express different emotions on paper plates.
Science- Students will be able to make predictions about what will happen when you mix vinegar and baking soda.
Math- Plastic cups will be added to the math center. Students are invited to build a tower with the cups.
Library- Students are invited to read books about our theme, transformation.
Writing/Technology- Weekly learning games on iPads are provided.
Sensory- Sand and water, or play-doh.
Some of the books we will read this week are:
• Joseph had a Little Overcoat by Simms Taback
- The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
· The last day of After-School is Thursday, June 22nd
· School will be closed on, June 23rd.
· Moving Up Ceremony Tuesday, June 27th
at 10:00 AM in the auditorium. Please bring your child to school at 9:45 a.m.
Recommended Home School Connection
Monday: Universal Handwriting Page 64 and 65
Tuesday: Getting ready to read and write Page 68 and 69
Wednesday: Hand Writing My Letter RrThursday: Math News Here’s What I Know
If you have any questions Mr. Woods or I cannot answer feel free to contact the Archdiocese at (888) 227-8175 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm or Email At Cathlicschools.firstname.lastname@example.org